The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in pursuance of its Social Investment programme in Education, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2020/2021session, to apply for its University scholar ship Scheme.
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Scholarships: Several
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants;
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Recommended: Chatham University Scholarships and Grants 2023/2024
Application Process for NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship:
1. All applicants should have personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication)
2. All applications must be processed online
3. Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
4. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents for upload:
a. Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
b.School ID card
c. University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
f. JAMB Result
g. Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
h. Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
i.The Community Paramount Ruler; and
j. Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
5. Applicants are to download the GO Declaration form using the link: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/doc/declaration.pdf
6. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents
7. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply for 2023 NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship, follow the steps below:
a. Click on “Register” to create an account using your SPDC email address.
b. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
c. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
d. Enter your personal information, educational information, bank account information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
e. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order.
Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
Recheck application information to avoid errors Click on 1. https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC2023 to return to SPDC application site
Click “Apply Now” to submit information
f. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.