Apply for the CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023 for International Students! Are you pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in the following areas; Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics? Do you seek a practical training session during the European summer which usually holds from June to September every year? If yes, don’t hesitate to apply.
CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023
The CERN Online Summer Student internship would last for over a period of 8 to 13 weeks, and selected Interns will work on an advanced technical project in an experimental or engineering team.
In the course of the internship, Participants can attend a series of lectures where experts and scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics, these topics include both theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering, and computing.
Additionally, interns will have opportunities to visit the CERN facilities, as well as discussion sessions and workshops are also key features of the programme.
Details About CERN Online Summer Student Internship
- Program Type: Postgraduate
- Sponsor: European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Country to study: Switzerland
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2023
- Duration: 8 to 13 Weeks
About European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN)
CERN is the acronym for “Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire”, a French word for European Council for Nuclear Research.
CERN was founded in 1952 with the responsibility of establishing a world-class fundamental physics research organization in Europe.
The first adoption for the establishment of CERN was at an intergovernmental meeting of UNESCO in Paris in December 1951,
Benefits of the CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023 for International Students
The European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN) would very much like to benefit from Participating intern’s expertise, commitment, and passion and in return, provide interns with:
- An association contract that would last for 8 to 13 weeks to work on a technical project.
- Interns will receive an extensive physics lecture programme (students will also be able to attend a series of IT lectures organized by Openlab).
- Net of tax allowance worth 90 CHF per calendar to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- Cost coverage for travel paid at the end of the stay to help with the cost between Geneva and the Participants’ residence at the time of the selection committee.
How to Apply for CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023?
Are Interested and qualified? Visit the European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN) on: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/CERN/publication/dcr_ci=CERN to apply
Citizens from the listed countries below should please apply via the following websites:
- US: https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/um-cern-reu/
- Japan: http://www2.kek.jp/kokusai/cernsummerschool/index.html
- Canada: https://particlephysics.ca/research-activities/undergrad-program-cern/?lang=en
Eligibility Criteria for CERN Online Internship Program Qualification
To qualify for the CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023 for International Students, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a Bachelor’s or Master’s student (not PhD) in the areas mentioned above and be at least three years of full-time studies at the university level.
- You must be currently registered as a student during your stay at CERN.
- You must not have worked at CERN before with any other status for more than 3 months and you have not been previously a Summer Student at CERN.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of English (knowledge of French would be an advantage).
- The internship is open to Candidates of all nationality
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Academic transcript
- Two reference letters
In PDF format to complete the application:
How to get the CERN summer internship?
Students are required to prepare a short report on their work at CERN, which should be submitted at the end of their stay. Students come for between eight weeks (minimum stay) and 13 weeks (maximum stay). The application form is available on the Careers at CERN website (all nationals are welcome to apply).
How much is CERN summer student stipend?
The estimated total pay for a Summer Student at CERN is CHF 2,774 per month
What are the requirements for CERN Openlab summer student program?
You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by summer 2023, at least three years of full-time studies at university level. You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN.
How hard is it to get an internship at CERN?
However, CERN Openlab is meant only for IT but that is also a lot competitive. They select 37 students out of 1600 applications in Openlab and around 300 students (IT + physicists) out of 1600 for the Summer student program.
Do CERN interns get paid?
The estimated total pay for a Internship at CERN is CHF 1,526 per month. This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated base pay is CHF 1,526 per month.
Who is eligible for CERN?
If you’re an undergraduate in Applied Physics, Engineering or Computing and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 4 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
Do you have to speak French to work at CERN?
CERN is a bi-lingual Organization, with French and English as working languages. It is important to at least have some knowledge of one of these two languages when you apply: the specific language requirements will be provided in the vacancy notice you apply for.