Apply for the CERN Online Summer Student Internship 2023! Are you pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in the following areas; Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics? Do you seek a practical training session during the European summer which usually holds from June to September every year? If yes, don’t hesitate to apply.
CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023
The CERN Online Summer Student internship would last for over a period of 8 to 13 weeks, and selected Interns will work on an advanced technical project in an experimental or engineering team.
In the course of the internship, Participants can attend a series of lectures where experts and scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics, these topics include both theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering, and computing.
Additionally, interns will have opportunities to visit the CERN facilities, as well as discussion sessions and workshops are also key features of the programme.
Details About CERN Online Summer Student Internship
- Program Type: Postgraduate
- Sponsor: European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Country to study: Switzerland
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2023
- Duration: 8 to 13 Weeks
About European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN)
CERN is the acronym for “Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire”, a French word for European Council for Nuclear Research.
CERN was founded in 1952 with the responsibility of establishing a world-class fundamental physics research organization in Europe.
The first adoption for the establishment of CERN was at an intergovernmental meeting of UNESCO in Paris in December 1951,
Benefits of the CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program
The European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN) would very much like to benefit from Participating intern’s expertise, commitment, and passion and in return, provide interns with:
- An association contract that would last for 8 to 13 weeks to work on a technical project.
- Interns will receive an extensive physics lecture programme (students will also be able to attend a series of IT lectures organized by Openlab).
- Net of tax allowance worth 90 CHF per calendar to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- Cost coverage for travel paid at the end of the stay to help with the cost between Geneva and the Participants’ residence at the time of the selection committee.
How to Apply for CERN Online Summer Student Internship Program 2023?
Are Interested and qualified? Visit the European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN) on: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/CERN/publication/dcr_ci=CERN to apply
Citizens from the listed countries below should please apply via the following websites:
- US: https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/um-cern-reu/
- Japan: http://www2.kek.jp/kokusai/cernsummerschool/index.html
- Canada: https://particlephysics.ca/research-activities/undergrad-program-cern/?lang=en
Eligibility Criteria for CERN Online Internship Program Qualification
To qualify for the CERN Online Summer Student Programme, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a Bachelor’s or Master’s student (not PhD) in the areas mentioned above and be at least three years of full-time studies at the university level.
- You must be currently registered as a student during your stay at CERN.
- You must not have worked at CERN before with any other status for more than 3 months and you have not been previously a Summer Student at CERN.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of English (knowledge of French would be an advantage).
- The internship is open to Candidates of all nationality
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Academic transcript
- Two reference letters
In PDF format to complete the application:
January 30, 2023