Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-24 in the UK – Eligible and highly motivated Students from low income countries are invited to enroll for a PhD program in UK.
The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships is funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
The scholar ship targets talented and highly motivated students from low or middle-income countries. This is a brilliant opportunity for students from the Commonwealth countries who can not afford to study in the UK universities.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-2024
The renowned Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship is for those PhD students who are committed to achieving sustainable development goals through research and studies.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-2024 in the UK for PhD students will provide high-quality equipment and educational assistance to outstanding candidates.
Additionally, candidates are assessed by their research focus on the development and their research contribution in the better future of higher education in the Commonwealth countries as well as in the UK.
Details of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-2024, UK:
- Country: United Kingdom
- Funds covered By: The UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
- Status: Open
Financial Benefits of the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Full tuition fee coverage
- A monthly stipend of £1,236.
- In the event that the scholar’s university is in the London Metropolitan area, the monthly stipend will be £1,516.
- Provision of return air ticket
- Provision of a study travel grant
- Allowance for warm clothing will be given (Where Applicable).
- For cases of widowed, divorced, or single parent, the first child allowance of £529, and the second and third child allowance of £131 per month will be given.
- Scholars will get to expand their educational skills and research work in order to enhance the decision-making capabilities of disadvantaged countries.
Application Process for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023 in UK
- Applicant are required to apply to a university that has a funding agreement with the CSC. Part-funding universities are given here: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/part-funding/
- Submit the application directly to CSC via the online application system. Please note that any application not submitted via CSC online system will not be accepted.
- Official webpage: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-split-site-scholarships-for-low-and-middle-income-countries/
Requirements for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-24 in the UK:
- Ideal Candidates must be a commonwealth country citizen.
- He or She must be a British-protected person.
- Candidates with refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country can also apply.
- Applicant with permanent residency of a commonwealth country can apply.
- To be eligible, there must be a link between the applicant’s host university and the UK’s university.
- All the required details must be provided by both the university’s professors that confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
Eligible Countries for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023-24:
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
Is Commonwealth scholar ship open for 2023-2024?
Applications are open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle income Commonwealth country.
Is Commonwealth scholar ship 2023 open?
Applications for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2023-24 are now open. The closing date for the applications (including supporting documentation) is 18 October 2022. For more details, visit the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s website.
What is the deadline for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023?
Applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT).
Who is eligible for Commonwealth Scholarship UK 2023?
Applicants must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a lower second class level (2:2) plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by September 2023. CSC cannot accept work experience in lieu of this minimum academic qualification.
What is Commonwealth split site PhD scholarships 2023-2024?
Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024 will be awarded to talented and highly motivated students from low or middle-income countries by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Students who do not get the opportunity to study in UK universities can pursue their PhD in top UK universities.
Can I stay in UK after Commonwealth scholarship?
Our terms and conditions require all scholars to return to their country/territory of award for a period of two years immediately following the completion of their award.
Which courses are eligible for Commonwealth scholarship?
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. The scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.