Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship Awards for International Students in Germany: Looking for an opportunity to study in Germany with a Fully Funded stipend? The DAAD scholarship award is now available to all international students in Germany.
The DAAD scholarship grants are available to international students who want to pursue masters or doctoral studies at top universities in Germany for the 2023/24 academic session. DAAD scholarships will cover monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
The scholarship grants offer foreign graduates from developing and newly modernized countries from all disciplines or fields. The chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Applicable Courses FOR DAAD Scholarship Awards:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
Selection Criteria for DAAD Scholarship Awards:
To be selected in this program, applicants must have the following
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Duration Of Study for DAAD Scholarship Awards
The duration is between 12 and 36 months based on the length of your chosen study program.
Various program of study has different deadline. please check the deadlines here.
The 2023 DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD Germany provide successful candidates with the following benefits:
- Based on your academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of a family
Click here for the list of eligible countries.
How To Apply:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.