Good news! Applications are now open for Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships 2023 in Australia.
The prestigious Scholarship is a partnership effort between the Playford Trust, Chartwells, St Ann’s College and St Ann’s Foundation, with a total of three scholarships for students living at St Ann’s Residential College.
Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships
The Rural Residential Scholarship are available to:
- Student currently enrolled at the college for the first time,
- A Student who is enrolling for the first time, or continuing to live at the college, with preference given to a student who identifies as indigenous. The student maybe awarded with the scholarship in subsequent years subject to their continued enrolment both in their course and at St Ann’s College and
- The scholarship is open to student continuing to reside at the college.
- Outstanding students intending to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian public universities.
The Scholarship basically aims to help students overcome the financial disadvantages associated with having their home base in rural South Australia.
Summary of Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships
- Scholarship title: Rural Residential Scholarships
- Type: Undergraduate
- Institution: Flinders University
- Country: Australia
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 20, 2023
- Opening date: 13-10-2022
- Scholarship value: An Accommodation at St Ann’s College to the value of $7000
- Eligible Student type: Indigenous students, Regional, rural or remote, Domestic Students, STEM
- Selection basis: Academic merit, Financial need
About Flinders University
Flinders University was founded in 1966, it is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia.
The university got it’s name in honour of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders university is a prestigious university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. Academic wise, Flinders University pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been ranked among the nation’s top 100.
Benefits of Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships 2023
- The scholarship is aimed at helping students overcome the practical and financial disadvantages associated with having their home base in rural South Australia.
- Rural residential scholarships supports promising students intending to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian public universities.
- Recipient will receive free accommodation at St Ann’s College to the value of $7000.
Available Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships Courses
The Rural residential scholarship covers the following fields of Study:
How to Apply for Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarship 2023 in Australia
- All Interested and qualified Candidates can go to Flinders University Application Page on: playfordtrust.scholarshipsplatform.com to apply
- You can also visit Flinders University website found below for more details: http://www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships/playford-trust-chartwells-st-anns-foundation-rural-residential-scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Flinders University Rural Residential Scholarships Qualification
To be considered for the Rural residential scholarship, the Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled at St Ann’s and ready to commence, or continue with, an undergraduate degree studying science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian public universities
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa whose family base is in rural South Australia
- He or she must be intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- The applicants must be a high achiever, with an excellent secondary school or university academic record.
- Must be of good character. Note that Preference will be given to students who identify as indigenous and to students who display leadership potential.
January 20, 2023