Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024. Do you know that fellowship Harvard University is accepting Fellowship applications? Or is this your first time hearing about this opportunity? This is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity into Harvard University fully funded! Keep reading for more information!
Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024
Have you been applying for scholarship into Harvard in previous time? This is a rare privilege and a lifetime change of status quo. Harvard University Berkman Klein Center seek to produce innovative thinkers and changemakers, spawn initiatives and share ideas.
About Berkman Klein Center
Berkman Klein Center was founded in 1996 and was originally known as “Center on Law and Technology” by Jonathan Zittrain and Professor Charles Nelson. In 1997, the Berkman family underwrote the center a d in 1998 it was changed to the Berkman Cnetr for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School.
Ever since then, it has grown from a smal project to a major interdisciplinary center at Harvard University. This center seeks to understand the technology of internet related development and how those technologies affect the society in turn.
Its main research is Teens and Media, Monitoring, Privacy, Internet Governance, Cloud Computing and Internet censorship.
Who Can Apply?
Wondering who should apply for this scholarship? It is open for scholars, engineers, artists, practitioner, innovators, etc. With interest in Democracy, authoritarianism, fairness and justice, global internet, data governance, youth, media and child protection, human rights; equity, agency, inclusion, diversity, digital identity, quantum computing, generative AI, artificial intelligence, digital identity, etc.
How to Apply for Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024
- All applications will be submitted online via the Berkman Klein Application cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/apptracker-instruction-page
- Instructions for creating an account and its submission can be found on the page.
- For PDF attachments, you’ll be requested to upload the following. Please be careful while uploading
Personal statement that responds to the following three questions. Each response should be between 250-500 words and should not exceed 1500 words.
What is the research you propose to conduct during a fellowship year: describe the problem you’re trying to solve.
Outline the methods guiding your research .
Discuss about the public interest and/or communities you plan to serve through your work.
Why is Berkman Klein Center the right place for you to do this work?
How does your personal background influence your research?
This should be documented as a pdf of 1-3 work samples such as articles, events. These should be related to the project proposal in some way or help demonstrate the feasibility of the project proposal.
These should be submitted as one combined PDF.
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024
It is open for fellows across disciplinary spectrum with diverse life paths. For the 2023-2024 invitation are majorly for academics who are post-docs or professors.
It is NOT open for students as Harvard students will be supported into types of programming, internet technologies, etc.
Harvard University Berkman Klein Scholarship will prioritize and select fellows with demonstrated record of contribution to public and scholarly conversations in their area of study.
This program works with Harvard International Office to sponsor immigration paperwork for eligible international fellows. An outline of the visa application process and its requirements can be found on the website: http://hio.harvard.edu/scholar-visa-process.
Benefits of Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024
Stipend: Provision have been made into two pathways for this fellowship program through the Open call: those who apply for funding from Berkman Klein Center and those who apply supported by external funding.
- Berkman Klein Center funding: the Center has a limited pool of funding to support fellows. BKC funded fellows appointed through the open call for applications are eligible to receive stipends of $75,000 annually. The first half of the stipend is guaranteed to cover the first half of the year. We will conduct a mid-year review with fellows to share feedback, review engagement, and check in on progress on research and, provided scholars are on track, at this stage we will clear the way for funding for the second half of the year. For 2023-2024, we anticipate offering three fully-funded fellowships.
- External funding: these applicants bring their own funding support, through means such as a grant, a scholarship, sabbatical, or the like. The Berkman Klein Center will complement this funding with an additional stipend of $10,000 that can be used for living, travel, and research expenses. For 2023-2024, we anticipate offering at least three externally funded fellowships.
If contacted for an interview, applicants must be prepared to share reference letters from two references. Reference letters are not required as part of the initial submission of an application.
Application will be accepted until Monday, January 9, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.