ICCR short for Indian Council for Cultural Relations has announced its scholarship application link. This scholarship award is open to international students around the world to submit their applications.
If you are interested in getting more information about this scholarship, then you should read through this article. It contains the eligibility criteria, how you can apply for it, and lots more.
ICCR Scholarship Application Link
Indian Council for Cultural Relations administers several scholarship programs every year. This scholarship is offered to students to study undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD courses. It covers everything from tuition fees to living expenses and even includes stipends. So, recipients of the scholarship do not have to pay for those costs.
About ICCR Scholarship
To promote international exchanges, ICCR offers scholarship programs to international students. Annually, ICCR offers over 3000 scholarships under 21 different schemes to foreign nationals in about 190 countries. The courses offered under this scholarship award are for undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD levels.
ICCR supports foreign students to study at various Central/State Universities, Institutes, NITs, Agricultural Institutions, and lots more institutions. Under this scholarship scheme, students can study a wide range of courses. This includes professional courses like engineering, pharmacy, accountancy, and more. And culture related like Indian dance, music, sculpture, painting, and more.
Benefits of the ICCR Scholarship
This scholarship award has several benefits for all eligible participants. The scholarship benefits include
- Tuition fee. This will be paid directly to the University/Institutes (excluding refundable fees).
- Living allowance.
- Hostel fee/House rent allowance.
- Annual contingency allowance & thesis charges.
These are the benefits of the ICCR scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for ICCR Scholarship
There are certain documents that you need to have to apply for this scholarship program. The documents required to apply for the ICCR scholarship are
- Copies of educational documents., qualifications, and certificates.
- Birth certificate.
- A recent passport photograph of the applicant.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) Equivalence Certificate. (If stipulated by the concerned university/Institutes in the applicant’s provisional confirmation letter).
- Valid medical policy certificate.
- Research proposal for M-Phil or PhD applicants.
- Self-attested affidavit confirming that you have not been sponsored by any of the ICCR scholarships before.
These are some of the documents that you’ll need to apply for the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for ICCR Scholarship
Before you can apply for this scholarship, there are certain requirements that you need to meet. The eligibility criteria for the ICCR scholarship are
- All applicants should be at least 18 years of age and not more than 30.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and have good comprehension ability.
These are the eligibility criteria to apply for the ICCR scholarship. However, each university has its own eligibility requirements based on the course you are applying for. So, check with the university you are applying to for admission.
How to Apply for ICCR Scholarship
If you meet all the requirements stated above, then you can apply for the scholarship. However, to achieve this, you’d have to follow the steps below
- Visit the official ICCR website at iccr.gov.in/.
- Locate the “Contact” button at the top of the page and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Contact Us” option.
- Use the contact number or email address on the page displayed to reach out to ICCR customer service.
When you reach out to ICCR using their customer service contact, you’ll be able to get a guide on how you can apply for the scholarship. And when the scholarship application form will be out.
Which University is Best for ICCR Scholarship?
Some of the best universities you should apply to study in under the ICCR scholarship are
- Jamia Milia Islamia.
- The Central University of Rajasthan.
- Manipur University.
- Aligarh Muslim University.
- Goa University.
- Nalanda University Bihar.
- Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya.
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University.
What is the Meaning of ICCR?
ICCR stands for Indian Council for Cultural Relations. It is an organization of the government of India. This body is organized to strengthen cultural relations and promote mutual understanding with other countries and people.
Is ICCR Scholarship Worth It?
This scholarship award covers almost everything that you need to complete your education. If you are under this scholarship, you do not have to pay tuition fees and other school-related expenses. Additionally, you’ll also receive a monthly stipend to cover other daily expenses.
Is ICCR Scholarship Fully Funded?
Yes, it is. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations scholarship is fully funded. And it is offered with monthly stipends to international students who want to get undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD degrees in India.
What Does ICCR Scholarship Cover?
The ICCR scholarship covers health insurance, tuition fees, flight fees, and living allowance, hostel fee/house rent allowance.
Is Passport Compulsory for ICCR Scholarship?
Yes, it is. All applicants should have certified copies of their passports showing their photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, expiry, and place of issue. And this passport should be valid throughout the duration of the course they applied for.