Applications are ongoing for the ICGEB Smart Fellowship Programme 2023. The program is designed to promote the mobility of researchers between ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, and acquisition of specific hands-on training in technologies available in the receiving laboratory.
Additionally, the program seeks to foster bilateral cooperation in science and technology and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
Details of the ICGEB Smart Fellowship Programme
- Type: Postgraduate
- Country: India
- Fellowship Duration: The Fellowship will run from 3 to 9 Months
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Brief History of the ICGEB
Founded in 1983, the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), is a project of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
As an organization, the ICGEB has three Component laboratories with over 45 current research projects in Infectious and Non-communicable diseases, Medical, Industrial, and Plant Biology Biotechnology, these projects are held in the following locations; Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India, and Cape Town and South Africa.
Meanwhile, the ICGEB became an autonomous International Organization on the 3rd of February 1994, currently, the Organization has over 65 Member States across the world
Benefits of the ICGEB Smart Fellowship Programme 2023
Benefits of the ICGEB Smart Fellowship include:
- The available Funding for Thjs Fellowship covers the international economy return travel costs, health insurance, and subsistence of the fellow only.
- Fellows will receive stipends ranging from US$ 800 to 1,500 per month, however, it must be based on the local conditions in the receiving country and the seniority of the applicant.
- Fellows will receive a monthly bench fee of US$ 500 paid directly to the receiving laboratory based on the recommendation of the ICGEB Fellowships Committee.
How to Apply for ICGEB Smart Fellowship Programme 2023?
- All Interested and qualified candidates should visit the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) on: https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login
- For more details, visit the ICGEB website: http://www.icgeb.org/fellowships/smart-fellowships-9-22/
Eligibility Criteria for the ICGEB Smart Fellowship Programme Qualification
- The ICGEB Smart Fellowship program is restricted to nationals of ICGEB Member States
- The Fellowship is also open to scientists in the early stage of their career wishing to spend between 3 and 9 months at a research institution in an ICGEB Member State other than their own.
- There are no age limit requirements
- Considerations are given to young scientists at the beginning of their research careers.
- Interested Applicants should be either registered for a PhD or have obtained their PhD degree within the last 5 years and be actively working in a Research Institution.
- Young scientists with an MSc or equivalent can apply.
- The ICGEB Smart Fellowships offer support to mobility between laboratories situated in the Member States.
Documents Required for Application
In applying for this Fellowship, you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Complete CV
- Valid identification document (passport or identity card). should be 12 months at least.
March 31, 2023.