Italian Government Scholarships for Postgraduate Study 2022/2023: The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year 2022-23 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world.
Applications are now open for the 2022/2023 Italian Government Scholarships available for postgraduate study in Italy. Interested candidates are invited to apply according to the below eligibility and application instructions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Italy
Scholarship Type: Government Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Italy
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | Italian Government Scholarships 2022/23
The list of eligible foreign countries can be found on the website “Study in Italy”: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/call-for-procedure. Summarily, the eligibility conditions are as follows;
- Academic qualifications: Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute.
- Age requirements: Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Language proficiency: For enrolling in a Italian-taught or English-taught course, the candidate must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction for the course for which he/she has chosen.
- Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University in line with the regulations on the autonomy of academic institutions.
- Grantees will be covered by a health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident.
- The winner of a MAECI scholarship will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid quarterly to the personal current account.
How to Apply: Applicants for the 2022/23 Italian Government Scholarships must submit the application online, available upon registration on Study in
Italy platform at the following link: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it
Application Deadline: June 9th, 2022