Tsinghua University Schwarzman Study Grants in China: Looking for a study position in China at no cost? Tsinghua University is delighted to grant the annual Schwarzman scholarship, a Full Study Grant to eligible scholars for the 2023-2024 learning year.
The study grants target to support exceptional scholars who want to commence a one-year master’s degree course work at Tsinghua University in China.
2023 Tsinghua University Schwarzman Study Grants in China
Be a part of a diverse community committed to global progress. Annually, Schwarzman provides 200 Scholarships to Study for a Full Free Master Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing.
Tsinghua University is the Top Most Ranked University in China, ranked 15 in the world. Applicants do not need an IELTS/TOEFL or other Language Requirements if they have completed their previous undergraduate studies in an English-recognized Institute.
Schwarzman Scholars are carefully selected from an international pool of exceptional candidates. Scholars who bring together a diverse cohort of young leaders from all regions and sectors of the world who embrace each other’s differences while working on a joint mission.
Their cohort of global leaders reflects the diversity, vibrancy, and promise of the world at large. Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives, and positions. Scholars also would receive a world-class education through interactions with foreign ministers, political leaders, cultural luminaries, and entrepreneurs.
Selected applicants who become a Schwarzman Scholars will receive the following benefits-
- A comprehensive scholarship that will include tuition and fees, room and board
- Travelling costs to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year will be covered
- An in-country study tour
- Allowance for course books and supplies, health insurance, and a personal stipend
To be selected for this amazing life-changing opportunity, applicants must meet the high demands of the program and must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intelectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
Candidates must also meet the following criteria-
- Must have an undergraduate degree. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome.
- Must be 18-28 of age.
- Proficient in the English language. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600. Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100. International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- The language requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an Undergraduate Institution where the Primary Language of Instruction was English for at least 2 Years of the Applicant’s Academic Program.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Available Grants: 200
- Applicants have to complete the online application form in English.
- They have to create an account to start a new application via the official online portal. The email address provided to create your account will be used for all correspondence about your admissions status.
- All requirements must be submitted electronically as they do not accept materials through email.
- Applicants can complete their application in several sitting, it will help them work as frequently as needed before submitting the application.
- A current version of your resume or CV (maximum 2 pages).
- Two required essays, on Leadership (750 words) and a Statement of Purpose (500 words).
- You are required to scan and upload official transcripts for each degree-granting postsecondary education institution you attended.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- A short video self-introduction of no more than 1 minute.