Students worldwide are invited to apply for the TransformU bodyright Student Challenge 2023. Application for the 2023 edition of the challenge is now Open.
Launched as part of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, the TransformU bodyright Student Challenge is an effort to engage young voices in advocating for women’s rights online.
The bodyright campaign is an initiative of UNFPA to ensure that women and girls can express themselves freely online and access these resources without the fear of violence and abuse.
UNFPA TransformU Bodyright Student Challenge 2022/2023
Basically, the TransformU Student bodyright challenge is a social media challenge for higher institution students around the world, as well as youth associations, student groups, and youth advocacy groups, to participate by developing creative content using the theme of bodyright.
The challenge will offer to Successful winners an opportunity to win an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to attend a global advocacy event at the UN Secretariat.
Summary of UNFPA TransformU bodyright Student Challenge 2023
- Type: Challenge
- Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Country: United States
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Founded in 1969, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), was previously called the United Nations Fund for Population Activities.
UNFPA is a United Nations agency that seeks to improve reproductive and maternal health worldwide. The agency’s activities includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
Benefits of UNFPA TransformU Bodyright Student Challenge
The challenge will have a student participant selected as the winner and will subsequently receive the following rewards
- Two free tickets for a round-trip to New York City
- A Hotel accommodation for two in New York City
- Two free tickets to an exclusive event at the United Nations in 2023
- Winner will receive Coverage of Visa application fee costs
- Winners will have a Repost of winning content and recognition on UNFPA’s social media platforms
Note: The grand prize is offered with w condition that the winner must be eligible to receive a United States Visa.
How to Apply/Enter the UNFPA TransformU bodyright Student Challenge 2023 For Global Students
Are you Interested and qualified? Use the steps below to enter the challenge;
- Post a photo or reel to social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok and Twitter), reflecting your creative expression of the bodyright campaign. The essence of the post is to raise awareness on the issue of online abuse, bodily autonomy and the bodyright campaign.
- The submissions must be original multimedia content sharing information about bodyright or the topic of online abuse affecting young people. Ensure that your content is creative, innovative and engaging on any aspect of the bodyright campaign.
- Add to the post photos, videos, skits, coffee art, illustrations, animations, etc.
- The Content must be referenced information from the bodyright campaign and/or feature the bodyright logo.
- For more details, visit UNFPA on: https://www.unfpa.org/updates/transformu-bodyright-student-challenge-2022
Requirements for UNFPA TransformU bodyright Student Challenge Qualification
- The TransformU bodyright Student challenge is open to registered students at the university level globally.
- Interested students must be able to prove their affiliation to a university or institution of higher learning by submitting their proof of registration where required.
- Candidates are allowed to submit multiples entries
- Participants must create original and creative content promoting awareness on the dangers of online violence. This content are expected to be Posted on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, with UNFPA tagged and #bodyrightchallenge to stand the chance to win a trip for 2 to New York City!
December 31, 2022