Uppsala University has announced the application call for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship 2023 for developing countries. The Scholarship is designed for students whose living conditions are regarded as unsafe and dangerous and whose areas are affected by conflict or natural disasters.
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship program at Uppsala University will cover the complete cost of tuition fees for studies. Meanwhile, the scholarship is for Master’s programmes and commences on 28 August 2023.
Uppsala University, a beacon of academic excellence, presents an incredible opportunity with the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship 2023. This esteemed scholarship not only opens doors to world-class education but also offers a unique cultural experience in one of Europe’s most charming and historic cities. In this article, we delve into the details of the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship, its offerings, eligibility criteria, and how it can be your pathway to both academic and personal enrichment. Join us as we explore how this scholarship can turn your academic ambitions into reality while immersing you in the captivating essence of Sweden.
The scholarship is offered during the current admission round and does not cover the student’s living expenses.
Details of King Carl Gustaf Scholarship 2023
- Scholarships Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Uppsala University:
- Country to study: Sweden
- School to study: Uppsala University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
About The University
Uppsala University is located in Sweden, it is a public research university founded in 1477. The University is the oldest university in Sweden.
Uppsala university came into limelight during the rise of Sweden as a great power at the end of the 16th century, it was subsequently given relative financial stability with the huge donation it received from King Gustavus Adolphus in the early 17th century.
Uppsala holds a very significant place in history, especially in Swedish national culture, and identity, and for the Swedish establishment: in historiography, literature, politics, and music.
The prestigious Uppsala is a member of the Coimbra Group of European universities and to the Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities. It’s also ranked among the world’s 100 best universities in several international rankings.
Uppsala University has a total of nine faculties distributed over three disciplinary domains namely Humanities and Social Sciences, Medicine and Pharmacy, and Science and Technology.
Benefits of Uppsala King Carl Gustaf Scholarship 2023
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University.
How to Apply for Uppsala King Carl Gustaf Scholarship?
Follow the brief steps below to apply for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship:
- The first step is to submit an application for an undergraduate or Master’s programme at Uppsala University via the webpage below: universityadmissions.se between 17 October 2022 and 16 January 2023.
- Ensure that Uppsala University’s programme is ranked as your first priority of choice.
- The commencement of scholarship application period begins after the above step.
Eligibility Criteria for Uppsala University King Carl Gustaf Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries to be eligible: Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Iraq, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, Syria, or Yemen.
- Candidates must also show why they are vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University
- To be eligible, the applicants is expected to have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- Applicants are required to meet the entry requirements for the programme applied for.
- Note that the application fee and supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.