2022 Utrecht University Study Grants for PhD International Students in the Netherlands: The Utrecht University is delighted to offer scholarship grants to all International students for their PhD studies in the Netherland.
This scholarship grant is an ideal opportunity for students who know/have experience in handling large-scale (hydrological) datasets. Students must be team players holding a master’s degree in Earth Sciences, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related field.
2022 Utrecht University Study Grants for PhD International Students in the Netherlands
Utrecht University ranked 1st in the Netherlands and 52nd in the world as of 2020, is a public research university. Utrecht is among Europe’s leading research universities, recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.
Utrecht University is tirelessly working towards a better world by researching complex issues beyond the borders of disciplines and putting thinkers in contact with doers to apply new insights. Students at Utrecht University are also privileged to study at one of the world’s best universities and gain the best education.
Students can apply for a PhD program at the Faculty of Geosciences of Utrecht University
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- affinity with numerical modeling.
- Prior knowledge/experience in handling large-scale (hydrological) datasets.
- The ability to work in a team.
- You have an interest in global water and sustainability challenges and are enthusiastic about working with global datasets and models. You are a team player and will be part of a multidisciplinary team with the larger SOS-WATER project and supported locally by scientific and technical support staff. Together with the team, you will work on making large-scale hydrological models available at fine resolutions to be implemented in local assessments while still benefiting from the global applicability. Your focus will be on improving the existing PCR-GLOBWB model that is developed in Utrecht and together with our partners in Europe provide high-resolution water simulations that include dynamic human water interactions (e.g., abstraction for irrigation, industry, households).
The Utrecht University will provide the selected candidates a monthly gross salary for four years, starting at €2,443 in the first year and €3,122 in the fourth year of employment. In addition, the students will also be awarded an 8% holiday bonus, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus, and a pension scheme partially paid parental leave.
- Students must complete and submit the Utrecht University Application Form. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Contact details of two referees
- Copy of Master’s diploma
- The applicants must have an MSc in Earth Sciences, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- The students must have demonstrable English language proficiency, both oral and writing.