Pursue your studies in Switzerland with the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023! The University of Geneva through the faculty of Science, and with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
The selection of Candidates for this fellowship is based on Excellence. Meanwhile, the University of Geneva Excellence Fellowship grants ranges from CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000 per year.
These grants are usually awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
Summary of University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
- Type: Postgraduate
- Institution: University of Geneva
- Country to study: Switzerland
- School to study: University of Geneva
- Course: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment.
- Gender: Open Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
About the University of Geneva
The University of Geneva in Switzerland is a public research university founded in 1559 by John Calvin as a theological seminary and law school.
The University remained focused on theology until the 17th century when it became a center for Enlightenment scholarship.
It Subsequently dropped its religious affiliations In 1873, and became officially secular.
Currently, the university of Geneva is the third largest university in Switzerland by the number of students.
Benefits of University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023
The Excellence Masters Fellowship is valued at CHF 10,000 to 15,000 per year. The fund is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme, however, the applicant must be academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies
How to Apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023?
- Interested and eligible Candidates should note that the application is made online, from the beginning of January of each year.
- Once the registration is completed, an email will be sent containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form
- Visit the University of Geneva website found below for more details: http://www.unige.ch/sciences/Enseignements/Formations/Masters/ExcellenceMasterFellowships_en.html
Eligibility Criteria for University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships Qualification
- Students from any university with very good performance in their studies can apply
- Selections will be made on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
Documents Required for Application
Applications for University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- National identity card or passport (soft copy)
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- Exams transcript passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- Letter of motivation describing the specific scientific interests and motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- Letters of reference (if applicable) from two professors
- Other information like results of the GRE of TOEFL or another language test.
March 15, 2023.