Hurry! The Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship applications are open to students from all over the world. If you wish to further your education in Japan, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students.
With this scholarship award, you can study at any Japanese University of your choice at any level of education. And all your schooling expenses will be covered by the MEXT that’s because it is fully funded. Read through this article to get detailed information about this scholarship award, its eligibility, and how you can apply for it.
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application
Since 1954, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology has provided scholarships to assist students each year. Under this program, there are different types of scholarship schemes based on your level of studies.
There is a scholarship scheme for undergraduate students, research students, specialized training students, and graduate-level students. And there is even the Japanese studies scholarship which allows you to go to Japan to study for a limited amount of time. Then you’ll return to your home institution after the time expires.
Summary of Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Below is a summary of the scholarship that will give you more information about it
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Training.
- Eligible countries: All countries in the world.
- Institution: Japanese universities.
- Study In: Japan.
- Gender: Both male and female.
- Courses Offered: The scholarship covers all courses offered in Japanese universities. This includes Engineering, Arts, Social Science, Humanities, Medical, and lots more.
- Duration of the Scholarship: This depends on the course you want to study.
- Application deadline: As this scholarship is given to students in all counties of the world, the application deadline varies from embassy to embassy.
This is a summary of the MEXT scholarship award.
What Does the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Cover?
Japanese government MEXT scholarship is fully funded for international study to study in Japan. With this scholarship, you’ll study in Japan for free without having to pay If you are sponsored by this scholarship, you’ll enjoy the following benefits
- Your tuition fees will be paid by MEXT.
- It covers fees for the entrance examination into a Japanese university.
- Monthly stipends allowances.
- Transportation expenses. This scholarship will cover your travel expenses and ticket airfare from your country to Japan.
- The scholarship will cover accommodation expenses for international students.
These are the expenses covered by the MEXT scholarship award.
How to Apply for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you’d have to visit the website at www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/over/index.html. Then download the MEXT scholarship application for your Country or Region and fill it out.
You’ll also be required to add some documents to the form. Provide them and submit the form to the Japanese embassy of your country. If you’re considered for the scholarship, you’ll be invited to the Japanese Embassy of your country for a written test.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Moreover, before you can apply for or get this scholarship, you have to be eligible. MEXT accepts international students who wish to study in Japan as long as they satisfy the following qualifications and conditions
- All applicants should have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Moreover, an applicant who has Japanese nationality is not eligible.
- Applicants should have a good academic record and be proficient in English.
- For undergraduates: You should be at least 17 years of age and under the age of 25. Most have completed 12 years of education or have a high school diploma.
- Meanwhile, for research students: You should be under the age of 35, be a college graduate, or have completed 16 years of schooling.
- For specialized training college students: You should be between the age of 17 and 22, have completed 12 years of education, or have a high school diploma.
- Also, For Japanese Studies students: Applicants should be between 18 to 30 years of age. Must have completed 12 years of education or have a high school diploma. And be enrolled as an undergraduate in a country outside Japan before applying.
These are the eligibility criteria to apply for the MEXT scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Also, to apply for this scholarship, some documents will be required of you. These documents include
- Application form.
- Letters of recommendation from the applicant’s teachers, advisors, or employees.
- A scan of the applicant’s passport.
- Certificate of Health.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for research students.
- Study plan or statement of purpose.
- Copies of Photographs.
- English language proficiency document.
- Academic thesis or other relevant documents.
These are the documents that will be required of you to apply for and get the MEXT scholarship.